- Delete your original Floodie from your Account (if you haven't already)
- Put the original Floodie aside to be returned
- Install your new Floodie
- Register your new Floodie sensor in the Dashboard
Before you install your replacement Floodie companion sensor, please make sure that you've deleted the original Floodie from your account.
- Log in to the Dashboard using a web-browser; you cannot delete sensors from our mobile app
- Click Menu in the top right corner
- Select "My Sensors"
- Find and select the original Floodie
- Click "Delete this sensor" at the bottom of the sensor details
Please do not edit or delete your Flowie water sensor.
Your Flowie must be registered to complete your installation. Floodie is designed as a companion sensor, so it will need to be installed within range (400' or 6 stories) of the orange Flowie sensor in order to connect.
After you receive your replacement Floodie, we will need your original Floodie sent back to us for quality control purposes.
Please remove the batteries and put your Floodie away somewhere safe, where you won't confuse it for your new one or misplace it.
You only need three things to set-up your Floodie companion sensor:
- A registered Flowie water sensor
Floodie is designed as a companion, so it will need to be installed within range (400' or 6 stories) of a registered and operating Flowie in order to connect.
If you accidentally removed your Flowie, please reinstall it now.
- A computer, tablet, or mobile phone
You’ll need access to the internet to register your Floodie in the Dashboard.
- The serial number of your Floodie
The serial number is printed on the bottom of the device itself, on the box it came in, and on the removable installation sticker.
- Pull tab & get a green light
As soon as you pull the tab, your Floodie companion sensor will wake up and start to look for a signal from your Flowie water sensor.
Check the status light on top to see if it’s found a good signal. This can take up to 2 minutes.
Note: The light is green for a short period when you pull the battery tab to help you find a good signal. Under normal condition the light will be off to help conserve the battery; the sensor is still working. If you need to get the signal search light to come back on again, just pop the batteries out and back in.
- Put it on the floor
Place your Floodie on the floor with the two gold contacts facing down.
Alternatively, you can use the adhesive pad to stick the sensor against the wall. Ensure that the sensor is sitting right against the floor with the contacts facing down.
Place it where you expect there could be a water leak or unwanted water such as near a water heater, laundry machine, water softener, floor drain, or window.
We do not recommend using the adhesive pad when the sensor sits flat on the floor since it will make the gold contacts sit too high.
- Get thee to the internet
Find a computer, tablet, or phone with access to the internet, and follow the instructions below.
- Log in to the Dashboard
- If you're already logged in, click the Alert Labs logo in the top left to return to the main page
- In the sidebar, click "Add Sensor" under the 'my properties' option
- Follow the guided instructions.