Water meters can vary based on the manufacturer, municipality, water pipe diameter, and their age. Consequently, it's important that your Flowie is calibrated for accuracy.
Reading a water meter can be tricky; they aren’t designed with non-experts in mind.
Just as a precise reading can improve your data, an incorrect reading can mess up your water data. So, we've created a way that you can upload images of your meter to us and we'll input the calibration.
Otherwise, if you'd like to try entering the calibration yourself:
- Review the article, "How do I read a water meter?"
- Take a picture
- Log into the Alert Labs Dashboard
- Click on "My Sensors" and then select your Flowie
- Click "Experts Only >" at the bottom right of the Calibration tile
- Click Add Calibration Point and fill in the date, time (if known), and reading from your first water meter picture
- iPhone pictures display the date and time it was taken at the top.
- Android pictures may have an information symbol at the bottom or an option in the menu, which will reveal the date and time that the photo was taken.
- Wait a few days to allow enough water usage, then take a second picture
- Repeat steps 3-6 to add a second Calibration Point based on your second picture
Based on the readings, your Flowie will be calibrated to provide even more precise data on water use and corresponding costs. The more calibrations points you add, the more accurate your Flowie becomes.
Not sure? Leave it to us!
Click here for instructions about how to submit your pictures to our team and we'll do the readings for you.