- Remove the original Flowie
- Install your new Flowie
- Register your new Flowie
- Return the original Flowie
Before you install your replacement Flowie, you'll need to remove the original.
TURN OFF ALERTS
This process may trigger alerts from your sensor. If you'd like to avoid them, turn the alerts off in the Dashboard:
- Sign in to the Dashboard
- Click Menu (top right corner of the page)
- Select Notification Settings
From here you'll be able to control when and how you're notified about detected events. Toggle alerts on (blue circle) or off (white circle), as you prefer.
- If you'd like to keep your historical usage, please leave the original sensor attached to your account. If a sensor is deleted, it also permanently deletes all of its data.
- Instead, after you've installed your replacement, email Alert Labs (firstname.lastname@example.org). We will transfer the water usage data from the original to your replacement sensor.
UNINSTALL THE ORIGINAL FLOWIE
- Unplug the power supply from Flowie
- Feel free to reuse this power cord for your replacement Flowie unless you believe it may be the cause of your issue
- Unstrap and remove Flowie from your water meter
- Put it aside somewhere safe. You'll need to send this back to Alert Labs for quality control purposes.
- Screw in the antenna
- A standard antenna would have been provided with your replacement Flowie.
- If you were using an extension antenna to increase your reception, please continue using that instead, unless you suspect it was part of the issue.
- Plug it into the wall
- Feel free to reuse the original sensors power cord unless you believe it may be part of the issue.
- Make sure the light is green
- As soon as you plug it in, your Flowie will search for a cellular signal. Check the status light on top of the sensor; you want it to be green, which means it’s found a good signal. This can take up to 2 minutes.
- Red means that it does not have a good signal. Yellow means that it is running on battery (it is not receiving wall power). If the light's off, there's no power -- neither battery nor wall power.
Please note: Flowie may need to be charged for several minutes before its initial use.
- Remove the sticker
- Keep it for future reference of the serial number or installation instructions.
- Strap it on
- Wrap the adjustable band snugly around your water meter and fasten it.
- Install your Flowie so that the orange body is between the inlet and outlet of your water meter.
- Install your Flowie as low as you can on the water meter, while keeping the orange case flat up against the water meter body.
- Photos & calibration
- During the registration process, you'll be asked to provide two photos to ensure a smooth setup. Take these before you leave your installation site.
- You'll need a side profile of your Flowie installed on your water meter, showing it positioned low and snug against the meter.
- The second photo is a picture of the dial; it must clearly show all of the numbers, readings, and text on the face of your water meter dial.
- Log in to the Dashboard or the "Alert Labs" app for iOS or Android
- If you're already logged in, click the Alert Labs logo in the top left to return to the main page
- In the sidebar of the Dashboard, click "Add Sensor" under the 'my properties' option; or, in the app, tap the menu in the top right, followed by "add sensor"
- Follow the guided instructions.
- Do not delete the original sensor from your account. If deleted, you will permanently lose all the data the sensor has collected.
- If you'd like to keep your historical water usage, leave both sensors on the account and email the Alert Labs support team (email@example.com), who will transfer the original data to your replacement sensor.
- Use the packaging you received your replacement in to safely pack up the original Flowie.
- You should have also received a prepaid return shipping label, either within the replacement shipment or via email from the Alert Labs support team. Affix this label to the outside of the packaging.
- Drop off the boxed up Flowie at your local post office.
- Contact the Alert Labs support team (email firstname.lastname@example.org) to let us know that the sensor is in the mail and we will transfer your historical data from the original Flowie to your new one.