Please note: this may result in some data loss. Removing the lid will cause the sensor to lose water usage information stored between uploads.
Your Flowie-O is designed to run for 2 years on a pair of D cell batteries. You can check the battery life of your Flowie-O at any time from the Sensors page in the Alert Labs Dashboard. Our system will also let you know when it's running low.
To change the batteries,
- Remove Flowie-O from the water meter. Be careful not to get water inside of the sensor.
- Completely remove the lid by pulling on the two tabs at the base of the unit
- Swap out the batteries
- make sure that the batteries are in the correct orientation
- Wait for 10 seconds
- Replace lid by pressing down firmly until you hear the two tabs click into place. The light on top of the sensor will begin blinking. It will turn green when a connection has been established
- Strap the Flowie-O back on to the water meter, as close to the original position as possible