Water meters can vary based on the manufacturer, municipality, water pipe diameter, and their age. Consequently, it's important that your Flowie-O is calibrated for accuracy.
Reading a water meter can be tricky; they aren’t designed with non-experts in mind.
Just as a precise reading can improve your data, an incorrect reading can mess up your water data. So, we've created a way that you can upload images of your meter to us and we'll input the calibration.
Otherwise, if you'd like to try entering the calibration yourself:
- Review the article, "How do I read a water meter?"
- Take a picture
- Log into the Alert Labs Dashboard
- Click on "My Sensors" and then select your Flowie-O
- Click "Experts Only >" at the bottom right of the Calibration tile
- Click Add Calibration Point and fill in the date, time (if known), and reading from your first water meter picture
- iPhone pictures display the date and time it was taken at the top.
- Android pictures may have an information symbol at the bottom or an option in the menu, which will reveal the date and time that the photo was taken.
- Wait a few days to allow enough water usage, then take a second picture
- Repeat steps 3-6 to add a second Calibration Point based on your second picture
Based on the readings, your Flowie-O will be calibrated to provide even more precise data on water use and corresponding costs. The more calibrations points you add, the more accurate your Flowie-O becomes.
Not sure? Leave it to us!
Click here for instructions about how to submit your pictures to our team and we'll do the readings for you.